- Open curtains during the day to allow sunlight to naturally heat up your home, and close them at night to reduce the chill.
- Tape clear plastic film to the inside of your window frames. Make sure the plastic is sealed tightly to help reduce cool air coming in.
- When you’re asleep or out of the house, turn your thermostat back 10 degrees to 15 degrees for eight hours and save 10% a year on heating bills.
- Seal gaps around chimneys and recessed lights in insulated ceilings, and unfinished spaces behind cupboards and closets.
- Keep your fireplace damper closed unless a fire is burning. Keeping the damper open is like keeping a window wide open!